The Plasma Protein Therapeutics Association (PPTA) is a dynamic trade association that represents a unique sector of the biologics and biotechnology industry.
PPTA represents more than 860 human plasma collection centers in North America and Europe, as well as, the manufacturers of lifesaving plasma protein therapies. Our members produce approximately 80% of the plasma protein therapies in the U.S. and 60% of those manufactured in Europe.
PPTA works globally to:
- Advocate for access to and affordability of therapies for patients;
- Engage in constructive dialogue with regulatory agencies;
- Administer standards programs that help ensure the quality and safety of plasma collection and manufacturing and protect the health of both donors and patients;
- Collaborate with more than 20 patient advocacy organizations.
PPTA also administers standards and programs that help ensure the quality and safety of plasma collection and manufacturing and protect the health of both donors and patients, including:
- International Quality Plasma Program (IQPP)
- Quality Standards of Excellence, Assurance and Leadership (QSEAL)
- National Donor Deferral Registry (NDDR®)
- Patient Notification System (PNS)
- North America Data Program
- European Distribution Data
PPTA’s experienced team of dedicated professionals devotes itself daily to providing value to its membership and making contributions towards improving and saving lives.