The Plasma Protein Therapeutics Association (PPTA) is a dynamic trade association that represents a unique sector of the biologics and biotechnology industry. PPTA represents more than 860 human plasma collection centers in North America and Europe, as well as, the manufacturers of lifesaving plasma protein therapies. Our members produce approximately 80% of the plasma protein therapies in the U.S. and 60% of those manufactured in Europe.
PPTA works globally to:
- Advocate for access to and affordability of therapies for patients
- Engage in constructive dialogue with regulatory agencies
- Collaborate with more than 20 patient advocacy organizations
PPTA also administers standards programs that help ensure the quality and safety of plasma collection and manufacturing and protect both donors and patients.
- International Quality Plasma Program (IQPP)
- Quality Standards of Excellence, Assurance and Leadership (QSEAL)
- National Donor Deferral Registry (NDDR®)
- Patient Notification System (PNS)
- North America Data Program
- European Distribution Data
The mission of the Plasma Protein Therapeutics Association (PPTA) is to promote the availability of and access to safe and effective plasma protein therapeutics for all patients in the world. We will strive to achieve our mission by:
- Fostering the collection of high-quality plasma from healthy donors;
- Establishing standards for the manufacturing of life-saving plasma protein therapies at the highest levels of safety and quality;
- Breaking down artificial barriers on trade and compensated donors that limit patient access to therapy;
- Supporting government reimbursement practices that reflect the unique nature of plasma protein therapies;
- Educating all stakeholders about the value of the therapies; and
- Adhering to the PPTA Code of Ethics.